TPO Roofing Installation in Utah
For over 15 years we have been installing TPO roofing systems for homeowners and businesses in the state of Utah. Our expert roofing crew has vast experience working with this single-ply roofing material which means your roof will stand the test of time. If you are in the market for a new roof, you may be asking yourself what type of roof you should choose. TPO is an excellent choice for both residential roofing and large scale commercial and industrial roofing. Here are some reasons why we at Pioneer Roofing recommend TPO for our customers.
Why Use TPO?
TPO is one of the most common roofing types we install each year. With over a billion square feet installed each year, it is one of the most popular materials in the roofing industry. Here are some of the reasons we use it and recommend it for roofing projects.
- Long Lasting – You want your roof to last for as long as possible. TPO roofing systems can last for up to 30 years!
- Highly Durable – Your roof is exposed to extreme temperatures and intense weather conditions. TPO roofing stands up against hail, snow, strong winds, and high temperatures.
- Economical – TPO is a cost-effective solution compared to other roofing materials.
- Easy Installation – You don’t want your new roof to take weeks to install. TPO is a great choice because installation is much faster and easier than older roofing types.
- Energy Efficient – The light white color of TPO membrane reflects sunlight which keeps your home or buildings’ internal temperature low which reduces cooling costs in summer months.
- Easy to Repair – Since TPO is a single-ply membrane, it is easy to identify leaks, and fix them if your roof sustains any damage.
Why We’re Utah’s Roofers of Choice
We have been serving Utah’s communities in the Salt Lake, Davis, and Utah counties and other surrounding areas for nearly 40 years and we have built a reputation of integrity and trust with our customers. When you choose Pioneer Roofing, you will be working with a partner you can count on to get your roofing job done right. We strive to make sure our customers are completely satisfied with all the work we perform. We never recommend extra work unless it is in your best interest. You will get upfront pricing and your project will get done on time.
Since we are one of Utah’s oldest roofing companies, we have the experience and expertise you want when it comes to roofing repairs and installation. If that’s not enough, read what our customers are saying about us:
Common Questions about TPO Membrane
What is TPO Roofing?
TPO stands for Thermoplastic Polyolefin and is a single-ply, rolled roofing material made from polyprophylene and ethylene-propylene rubber polymerized together. It is a smooth roofing system that is generally white but can come in a variety of colors.
How is a TPO roof system installed?
Like many roofing types, TPO is installed over a layer of roofing installation. The membrane is mechanically secured to the roof deck with roofing plates and screws, or with adhesive. The membrane overlaps and is then heat welded together to give a watertight seal. Special edge metal is coated with a rubberized coating which secures the roof edges down and bonds and is welded to the material.
How long does a TPO roof last?
This depends on the grade of TPO you select, but on average, TPO roofs can last over 20 years.
Is TPO roofing fire resistant?
Yes, TPO roofs are resistant to fire and mold.
Can I walk on my TPO roof?
Yes, you can walk on your TPO roof, but we recommend keeping sharp or heavy objects off of the roof and to reduce the amount of foot traffic on the roof. If you expect to get on your roof frequently, consider adding walking pads to protect the roof surface from wear.
Can you use TPO on a pitched roof?
Generally, TPO is used for flat roofing, but it can be used on roofs under a 2/12 pitch.
What is the average cost for a TPO roof?
The price for a TPO roof depends on the roof’s size, height, and the number of penetrations in the roof. For a specific quote on your roof, contact us below for a quote.